As a power source, wind has a lot of advantages, particularly compared to classic fossil fuels and uranium, which are used for nuclear energy.
Wind energy is the most sustainable energy possible. We will always be able to use wind without polluting our environment and future generations.
- Wind is an inexhaustible power source and is available worldwide.
- The more wind energy we generate, the less limited power sources such as oil, gas, uranium or coal are used.
- Wind energy does not emit any CO2 or other toxic substances, nor does wind energy produce harmful or hazardous waste.
- Wind energy reduces our dependence on oil, gas or uranium producing countries.
- Wind energy will help Belgium reach the European target of generating 20 percent of its energy from renewable sources by 2020. 13% of Belgium's electricity generation must be green according to this target.